Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Random Pictures






8 comments:

Kathy said...

Welcome back guys! You captured some really nice photos from the trip. Thanks for posting and sharing them with us! ;)

Karen from Ohio said...

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. So glad you could share this trip together.

Drew said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm so glad you made it back safe and sound. I almost had a heart attack when I saw that plane from France had gone down until I saw that it was headed to France not away from it. This was an amazing opportunity and so great that you could go.

Jeff said...

In the picture of the mother and two children, take a close look at the girl's feet. Also, note the boy's orange hair, which is a sign of malnutrition. That particular village seemed to be in worse shape than others. It may have been because they grew tobacco instead of maize, so they did not have the immediate benefit of the recent harvest.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Thank you so much for sharing all of these photos with us Jeff and D. What an life-changing event this must have been for you.

The last photo in this series is gorgeous. I love it!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I just enlarged that photo that you were talking about Jeff. That just breaks my heart...

jescandlon said...

What happened with the bus? Were you in it when it went off the road?

Jeff said...

The driver needed to make a U-Turn and ended up driving too far off of the opposite shoulder when he should have backed up and tried again. I was worried it would tip, so Danielle and I got off the bus in a hurry.