Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Climbing Nkhoma Mountain

Jeff hiked to the top of a nearby mountain and was treated to spectacular views.

6 comments:

Karen from Ohio said...

Wow...what beautiful scenery. In Haiti the scenery was beautiful as we came in over the country and then we saw up close what it was really like...such poverty.

The Gathering Room said...

You climbed that mountain??? oh yipes. such lovely scenery!
what a wonderful thing for you both to do in helping others in need. I am proud of you both! Cindyc

Jeff said...

The mountain wasn't quite so steep where I was climbing it! The scenery is just as nice up close, because there is almost no litter outside of the city. It definitely is not filthy like Haiti.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I wish me (and my camera) could have been there with you Jeff. The beauty is astounding.

jescandlon said...

Where was Danielle?! Not up for mountain climbing? Were there any critters you had to watch out for?

Danielle said...

I climbed up halfway! I was going to do the whole thing but then I had to wait for one of the girls who had a splinter in her foot. Jeff's group didn't wait for us so we only went up halfway. =(