Every now and then we will surprise you with an interesting post!
Saturday, April 08, 2006
Summer Vacation
Danielle and I have spent a cold and rainy Saturday studying, but we have taken a break to discuss our summer vacation. Any ideas on where we should go?
Well, I don't know much about vacations since we don't get out much, but I looked up the best places to go during the summer. CNN Money says Belize:
Belize next» WHEN May to July
WHY: Fish fanatics flock to Belize -- considered second only to Australia's Great Barrier Reef for diving and snorkeling -- in the winter. But the weather in this tiny country is much the same year round: hot (mid- to high 80s) and humid. The government prohibits high-rise construction, so the country's small, independent hotels fill up fast in the winter, when vacationers en masse are fleeing the cold weather back home. Go in the summer and you'll find a room easier to book. The rainy season runs from April through November, but May, June and July are the driest months during that period; even if it does rain, it's usually just a short late-afternoon or evening shower.
THE DEAL: Hotel rates are up to 30 percent lower than in peak season. A suite at the Rum Point Inn in Placencia, on one of the area's prettiest stretches of beach, goes for $129 a night in summer vs. $189 in winter. Air fares are cheaper too: A round-trip ticket from Denver to Belize is $600 to $1,000 in the winter vs. about $350 in the summer.
INSIDER'S TIP: Stay on the north side of the country, which gets less rain.
I've thought about going to Belize. I have a friend who's family owns a place down there. Her Dad owns a construction business that basically shuts down during the winter. They all stay down there for a month +.
Belize sounds great. We'll have to check into the weather and also see if it is in the budget.
Danielle has a business trip to CA in May. It ends on a Friday, so I might fly out and we could stay through Tuesday. It would be a somewhat less expensive vacation since her ticket is already paid for.
Let's see....it is Friday, April 21st and you haven't updated your blog since Wednesday, April 12th. I think you should take a vacation to your blog and give us something to read!
7 comments:
Well, I don't know much about vacations since we don't get out much, but I looked up the best places to go during the summer. CNN Money says Belize:
Belize next»
WHEN May to July
WHY: Fish fanatics flock to Belize -- considered second only to Australia's Great Barrier Reef for diving and snorkeling -- in the winter. But the weather in this tiny country is much the same year round: hot (mid- to high 80s) and humid. The government prohibits high-rise construction, so the country's small, independent hotels fill up fast in the winter, when vacationers en masse are fleeing the cold weather back home. Go in the summer and you'll find a room easier to book. The rainy season runs from April through November, but May, June and July are the driest months during that period; even if it does rain, it's usually just a short late-afternoon or evening shower.
THE DEAL: Hotel rates are up to 30 percent lower than in peak season. A suite at the Rum Point Inn in Placencia, on one of the area's prettiest stretches of beach, goes for $129 a night in summer vs. $189 in winter. Air fares are cheaper too: A round-trip ticket from Denver to Belize is $600 to $1,000 in the winter vs. about $350 in the summer.
INSIDER'S TIP: Stay on the north side of the country, which gets less rain.
I've thought about going to Belize. I have a friend who's family owns a place down there. Her Dad owns a construction business that basically shuts down during the winter. They all stay down there for a month +.
The pictures look cool
Tunisia. I've heard it's really nice and cheap. Nice beaches and certainly different. The people there love Americans too.
I've heard Albania is very popular right now. It has the Black Sea and a cool flag. Greece is popular as well.
I heard Krackatoa is real nice in the summer, with the volcano ranges.
What are your and D's thoughts Jeff? Do you have any ideas yet of where you think you'd like to go?
We never go anywhere (unless it's free!) so I have no idea what to even suggest... Drew and Jon found some great information for you though.
Belize sounds great. We'll have to check into the weather and also see if it is in the budget.
Danielle has a business trip to CA in May. It ends on a Friday, so I might fly out and we could stay through Tuesday. It would be a somewhat less expensive vacation since her ticket is already paid for.
Let's see....it is Friday, April 21st and you haven't updated your blog since Wednesday, April 12th. I think you should take a vacation to your blog and give us something to read!
Post a Comment