Thursday, June 29, 2006

True Stories of the ER

Every year the actuarial department at Selective has an very lame picnic. This year we decided that, instead of a picnic, we would all go to a Sussex Jayhawks minor league baseball game. Unfortunately, it was the wrong night to be away from home because it happened to be the night that Danielle cut the tip of her thumb off while slicing bread.

Ok, perhaps she didn't cut it completely off, but she did slice it up pretty badly. They had to rip her thumbnail off so they could apply 4 stitches. They also had to give her a tetanus shot as well as 3 cortisone shots to the thumb. She was very brave considering the guy next to her with the same shots starting crying!

In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea not to turn my cell phone on after I left work. I didn't know what happened until I was almost home at 10:30 pm. She cut her thumb at 7:00 and didn't get back from the ER until a couple minutes before I made it home.

On the bright side, maybe now that she is a thumb cripple we can start getting better parking spots!

Photos of the brand spanking new car will be posted soon.

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

OMG Danielle ~ that's horrible! I hope that you're doing okay now... I think I would of passed out if that had happened to me!